The car was being used in rallycross races before it was brought to SL Autoworks. The customer noted that the car experiencing bottom end knocking due to a spun rod bearing.
- Full bolt-on
- Stock engine
- IAG TGV Delete
- IAG fuel rails
- ID 1050x fuel injectors
- AEM 320lph fuel pump
- Process West top mount intercooler (TMIC)
- Invidia catless downpipe
- COBB intake
SLA Build Performed:
Rod bearing failure requires a major engine overhaul. Generally, if the motor begins knocking and is not immediately addressed, the problems become far worse and leads to even more expensive repairs needed. SLA replaced everything from the top to the bottom of the engine for this build, and additionally, anything that oil touched was thoroughly cleaned to ensure no metal bits remained in the engine or oil system.
- Manley H-Tuff Connecting Rods
- Manley platinum pistons
- King main & rod bearings
- BC stainless steel springs, retainers
- Factory valves
- Killer Bee oil pan, pickup tube, and windage tray
- Modified 11mm oil pump
- Modified factory turbo, with billet compressor wheel
- Block was machined & assembled at SLA, the short block was specked for rallycross use such as bearing clearances etc.